Monday, August 2, 2010

Storytime-Spin

This story has this style of jumble-ness. For example chapter one is spent on the crew, chapter two on the love of Martha then now I get to read about checkers, chocolate bars and sitting under trees. Perhaps Time O'Brien is trying to show how much a soldier mind jumps to the past? I know I was a little tired of reading this chapter after reading a multitude of different subjects at once.I agree with Kathleen when she requests that O'Brien to write about something else. He only seems to bring out the boredom and horribleness of war... it's time to tell a different story

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. This captures exactly what I thought; it was too much. I like your thought that it maybe because of jumping soldier minds. It certainly gives the effect that war is overwhelming and life impacting.

    ReplyDelete