Monday, August 2, 2010

The New Guru- On the Rainy River

All men are born truthful, and die liars
-Vauvenargues

When I first read this chapter I thought I found my new favorite character Elory Berdahl. My heart strings were pulled as Tim fought with the drafting issue. Then after my spark notes search (This chapter was so vast I didn't want to miss anything) I read that this chapter was fiction. A complete figment of O'Brien storytelling ability (and even if it's well written lyres are meant for marching band not war stories)
LIAR
I don't care if this is chapter shows the stress of someone drafted
I don't care if this chapter had a great character
I don't care if I almost cried along with O'Brien while he was on the river
O'Brien lied
this chapter stinks

1 comment:

  1. yikes (this doesn't bode well for your feelings on the rest of the novel)

    ReplyDelete