Thursday, April 14, 2011

What have I gotten myself into?

"the beauty of the dream vanished" page 56
Usually when I read (especially classic literature) I either immediately hate the book or I like it. However I'm having the worst time with this book as I am interested in what is to come in the next couple of chapters, yet I'm disgusted with this story. I was so ready for a story of an angry monster that I'm disappointed with this story of a scientist that hides in his bed room, leaves his family and gets sick every other page. I hate Victor and I like Henry. My dream of a horror story vanished into the night. Yet, I'm eager to learn how this story will turn out. Perhaps we'll actually get to meet Elizabeth instead hearing from her in letters. Perhaps the monster will turn do something great in the book. Perhaps Henry will even do something to win the limelight that he's constantly shoved out of. No matter what once my dream of a horror story left, hopefully a better dream will sneak in. Surely something exciting happens, otherwise this book would of not made it in the scientific story classic that it is.
Hopefully
Right?

2 comments:

  1. so most of the disappointment is because it's not what you expected?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I want a scary Stephan King-ess novel, therefore I had a hard time liking the novel I have before me.

    ReplyDelete