Wednesday, September 8, 2010

winter SPRING summer or fall

This poem reminded me of the Church at Easter. Although this poem didn't include scratchy dresses or chocolate bunnies images of gardens blooming danced in my head. I think the audience that this poet wanted to reach was the church going folk who are afraid of sin and follow the thought of the after life. The last stanza of this poem really emphasizes the point of salvation by asking Christ to help and save the children. Also the alliteration of this poem gives it a bouncy feeling (with thoughts devoted to the Easter Bunny I'm sure). Furthermore the rhyme sequence also has a certain beat to it, making the poem light and fluffy. May this poem with it's alliterated "Christ saves" fill the Easter mind baskets for young children everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. I liked all the alliteration too =D. Kudos on all the religious connections you made, though. I only picked up on the Garden of Eden thing. I mean, I THINK Hopkins was alluding to the Garden of Eden.

    P.S. I just realized-- "Hop"kins. There it is again! He's a regular Easter bunny!

    ReplyDelete