Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stay, just a little bit longer- Bright Star

Dear Reader,
As of now I'm writing from the school library, noting my take on "Bright Star". This poem spoke greatly to me as I tend to overstay my welcome and stay connected with people. Many times in my life I whip out my 6 year old persona and beg for "5 more minutes" (although never with a lover, Keats you naughty boy). I loved the calm tone of this poem with it's "splendor hung aloft in the night" and "snow upon the mountains". I saw this shining star within the night sky as a light of hope rather a lonely sleepless being. The speaker of this poem doesn't wish to be like the "moving water" in this poem but rather to live in one spot forever. However I don't know why this man would wish to swoon to death. First off how would the speaker know if that moment would be the right moment to swoon. Who knows his lover could of created a time machine the next day and they could of stayed together forever. 2nd fainting to death seems a painful way to die (as I imagine having to faint, and fall off a building to "swoon to death"). Personally death by rotten meat (created by dead dreams) would be more pleasing.
Yours in Song

No comments:

Post a Comment