Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Evil, Hair brush breaker and Barbie girl

The scene that kept playing in my head was from the movie mean girls. At the end of the movie one of the mean popular girls gets hits by a bus, (seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7os-ymfW4) thus everyone in the school realizes that they don't need to care about what they are rather who they are.
I think that's the entire point of this poem is to make the reader step back and reflect on their lifestyle. I'm glad that my small personal world isn't as judgmental as this girl's seems. Also what is wrong with a big nose? I mean better a big nose then no nose at all! This poem talks about the girl dying at the end but I found (by reading and my small group) that this girl has just gone under some plastic surgery and has gotten rid of her true self, thus becoming another Barbie girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment