Monday, June 28, 2010

You Could not be Upset About Anything on a Day like That-XIV

"Enjoying living was learning to get your money's worth and knowing when you had it" (page 152) This is the entire theme of this chapter. Of course the "money" isn't just real money but other world values like time, laughter, anger, fighting, sadness ect. but I'm glad Jake expresses his disgust towards his "swell" friendship with Brett. I just found this thought to be overall depressing but enlightening at the same time. While drunk Jake is depressed about this observation, having this thought presented to me calls me to live my life fuller. To get my money's worth.
Another interesting observation is Jake's desire to have Mike make fun of/beat Robert up. He doesn't want to admit it but he wants Robert to suffer. Think of the time both Robert and Jake are wasting on this girl. Terrible

No comments:

Post a Comment