Monday, June 14, 2010

France's mean defense mechanism-VI

Well Jake got stood up by Brett (shocker), then gave out money to his really rude friend Harvey, who seems to have trouble with money and feels like he's a cat.
Frances on the other hand is experiencing something...she can't have Robert! I'm guessing she thought her crying dependent boy toy would wait for her, but sure was she wrong. I don't think Robert is wrong leaving her, Frances treats him like garbage and he can't seem to write with her around (his livelihood). Even though France has to strike back at Robert with several blows to his reputation, I think Robert is right for leaving.
I wasn't shocked at all when Jake did nothing in this chapter. Our protagonist doesn't like to stand up to other people, and likes to stay out of their business. While that can be a bad thing, I think it works in this situation. Frances and Robert need to work this out themselves (although I think Frances would like the attention from other people)
Reasons I dislike Frances
-She likes to strike a person while they're down
-She's overly full of her self (she could of had any man!)
-She was willing to have children even if she dislikes them. I have a feeling this wouldn't end well (it's nice to know Robert's kids are alive though)

And as this novel grows I'm sure the list will grow as well

1 comment:

  1. I like that in your blog entries, parenthetical statements = jokes

    ReplyDelete