Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Made it Thorugh the Wilderness- these last 3 stories

Due to the fact that we have to write a 4th blog post when we only have 3 stories to read I decided to wrtie about the sexual content in all of these stories (and their purpose). Although English class actually has a lot of dirty material (cough Sidartha cough) these stories still took me back. In "How I Met My Husband" Edie's entire life is changed by a few steamy moments in a tent. If it weren't for that scene of the story, Edie would of never met her husband. In "Interpreter of Maladies" it is the love life of Mrs. Dias that causes the climax in the story, and the strange love life of Kapasi that causes chracter devolpment. Finally in "A Rose for Emily" the final scene in the bedroom, the sexual connotations just makes Emily creepy. Case Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment