Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How I Meet Your Mother...erm Husband

First and foremost, if you are not aware of the tv show "How I Meet Your Mother" I would strongly suggest it as it is my favorite show. The twisted ending on this story (caused by the situational irony that caused the reader to think that Edie was going to marry Chris) seems to be the central technique used in this story. This story is full of quirky characters from Mrs. Bird (who was not invited to dinner) to Alice the fiance (who was not invited to the wedding). Alice really served as a catalyst for the Chris and Edie relationship. She causes him to run away by plane and to have "intimate" relations with girls in tents. I doubt Chris would of continued his advances on Edie if he hadn't of felt so pressured by Alice. But one doesn't know about Alice or the tent party until it happens (more situational irony). Clever I must say. The one part of the story that really tickles me pink is the point when Edie is caught with the dress on, how she just progresses from trying the dress on to drinking ginger ale in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment