Thursday, January 20, 2011

Drama Queen

This is for question # 2
First and foremost I would just like to point out that Mr. Shakespeare was a DRAMA KING, or that's the impression I gain from the plays we read by him in English.
This play is a a drama. All of the action his come from the various characters being screwed over by Iago or character development. I mean for pete's sake the entire war is called off by a storm, making the only action a drunken sword fight. Although it's hard to judge now I see this play panning out to becoming a tragedy. Even though everything is working out for "honest" Iago, I predict he will be caught in his web or hurt in some way. I also don't like how the story is looking for Othello, a generally good fellow (see what I did there?). There just isn't a happy ending on the horizon of this story.
Otherwise the Turks would of rode up on their ships, killed Iago and saved the rest of the characters from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment