Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cliff Hanger hanging from a clifffff, and that's why he's called cliff hanger!

Answering question #4
This play is a suspense filled wonderland as the audience is pulled through Iago's scheme. For example I didn't know why the handkerchief was so important, I mean I knew it was a "clue" for Othello, but I knew also that it would be used later in the play. My foreshadowing skillz where tingling and I was filled with suspense. Only when Emilia explains that Iago's a liar and proves it by this Egyptian woven sheet of fabric does my suspense craving get filled.
Also Iago's entire scheme is never revealed to the audience throughout the play, one has to make guesses and assumptions.
Throughout this play I keep hearing the "Cliff Hanger" theme song in my head, which can be heard here) from the tv show "between the lions". Just a nice flashback to my childhood, no big deal

No comments:

Post a Comment