Monday, February 28, 2011

A grape in the dark

Although I spent an entire blog talking about my hatred for dramatic plays I was surprised by "A Raisin in the Sun". This story was filled with a happy ending and a strong clear moral (that one needs to work and not give up). I personally found the antics of Mama really strong and inspiring. Not once does she break down and cry over her dead husband, or the fact that she's leaving her home that she shared with him. She keeps her family as her motivation for everything and rarely thinks about herself (unlike the rest of her family except Rose). I also enjoyed how the family stuck together in this play. Although troubled homes are easily relate-able towards many people I think that those stories are depressing. Finally a story with a happy ending. Even without the money this family was going to make it, they were going to survive the hot sun and become the fruit of their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment